Sunday 21 October 2007

It's time...

I received a very good sms the other day. 'When you want to know how rich you are, don't count your money; just shed a tear and see how many hands reach out to hold it!' It is at times such as these that you realise what your priorities in life should be. Who should be a priority and what shouldn't get to your head. It makes me feel so blessed when I see my friends by my side in every despair and joy. I can see my pain, my joy, my exhilaration reflected in one of my dearest friend's eyes. My sorrow flows out of my best friend's eyes. Another close friend shows her concern by scolding me for my fallacy. It feels great that people actually expect me to be good and any error that I make makes them either upset, apprehensive or mad at me:) It is a bliss, having caring friends.

I feel sorry for all the time I spent wasting on things that were never worth it. Maybe in the process I might not have given the time that I should have given to the people who love me, who want the best for me, who will always be there for me, who care for me, no matter what, come what may.

We make mistakes and we learn from them and grow into a better, stronger person in the process. But, if we repeat a mistake, it becomes a sin. The self-pity, the injury to our dignity, the anguish and the wound that our pride suffers is a punishment in itself. We don't need any other reprimand or telling off.

When we get to suffer for a bad judgment that we made ages back, it becomes excruciating. When we don't even know the reason why we are made to go through stuff that we reckon we don't deserve. When we don't know what wrong we ever did. When nobody bothers to give us an explanation for a cold behaviour! When friends betray us and move on in life. When we bear the brunt of dejection for no sane reason. When this happens more that once!!! Like we are being punished for someone else's faults, though in fact, it is our own lapse that boomeranged!

Expectations hurt, a lot. But, that doesn't stop us from being optimistic, right? There are better things in life, unseen, just around the corner. The faith in the Almighty and ourselves will bring forth what we truly deserve.

2 comments:

  1. What do i say abt this post....i had each n every of these thoughts in my mind yest night and today i am reading this post on this blog.....i think u have summed the post perfectly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure Allah has a lot in store and thts the beauty about the unseen future....
    How i wish i had written this post and a few others its the 1st time i have gone through this space and all of them are very well written....kudos to u

    ReplyDelete