Friday 1 January 2010

What's the big deal?


I don't get it, really. Why do you need birthdays to tell people that you care? Only when you celebrate birthdays, people acknowledge you to be alive. Strange. You suddenly become precious and special. Even your enemies turn civil and all formal-ish! Oh, don't hurt her, it's her birthday! Ahem, I call it double-standards.. C'mon.. What is the deal here? I don't get so many wishes even on Eid! Where are the priorities? Isn't the person reason enough to be special? Why make a specific day the reason to show someone's worth in your life? Same goes for anniversaries and the over-hyped-in-your-face-mostly-fake-celebration-of-love Valentines day! Don't believe in it and people give you nasty stuff.. She doesn't have anyone special to celebrate it with.. Oh, don't be such a spoil sport.. It's just a day. Exactly my point. It is just another day. Gim-me-a-break!

When you don't celebrate, you are doomed to oblivion. You don't deserve any cards or being treated in a nice way. You're ignored, year after frustrating year. Why does your entire love need to be stuffed into one-single-tiny-day? Whatever happened to the rest of the year? Pro-birthdays or not? Seems lame to me. I tell this from experience. I used to revel in these celebrations. Hadn't I stopped celebrating them, I would never have had such a perception on these yearly rituals.

1 comment: