Wednesday 4 July 2007

I miss you my friend...

As the adage goes, Absence is to love what wind is to fire; it extinguishes the weak and enkindles the great. I believe in this saying to the core, but with one change. I believe that absence is the same in friendship as well. One of my dearest friends is on vacation and I miss her, as I do not know what! (like hell I do!) My campus looks unfamiliar to me without her. The silly laughs that we shared and all the small talks that we had, I miss all that so very much!
I am simply not used to being myself without her around at my college! I feel like I am living someone else’s life. It all seems so alien to me! I feel there is something utterly missing! Maybe I will have to stay in this stupor for another 3 days! Whoa! Sounds like say, forever!
Essentially, she is the only person after my best friend with whom I can trust my life with, without batting an eyelid! She has been a pillar of strength, a channel of comfort for me. She has motivated me as no other person ever did. She has immense trust in me and that makes me feel so secure. It is so reassuring that someone believes in you. It feels like a warm blanket enveloping me on an icy night. Without her around, I do not have that safety cloak around me. It feels scary! However, she will be back soon and that belief is enough to keep me going.
I put this in writing (err... typing!) to let her know how much I miss her. I simply cannot imagine myself without you my friend!

2 comments:

  1. wowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its such a beautiful feeling to be missed by such a beautiful person...Thnx If

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete